Fighters Combat forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 variations of tui shou "push hands": Cheng Man Ching (CMC), Chen/Yang, and Wu styles.

3 posters

Go down

3 variations of tui shou "push hands": Cheng Man Ching (CMC), Chen/Yang, and Wu styles. Empty 3 variations of tui shou "push hands": Cheng Man Ching (CMC), Chen/Yang, and Wu styles.

Post  Matt_Stampe Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Cheng Man Ching (CMC) version "Si zheng shou" trains Pung-wardoff, Lu-rollback, Ji- press, and An-push, this variation trains "Ting Jin" or "listening energy" via the "Beautiful hand style" . CMC version trains the legs, waist, and uses a scooping action to redirect the oncoming press. Chen and Yang variations are exactly the same as each other, but different than the CMC version, it using "Stick, Adhere, neutralize, and Follow." The palm style is sometimes called "willow Leaf palm" in Yang style. It trains continual joining at the opponents wrist, forearm, and elbow. Lastly, the Wu style that uses a small vertical circle that neutralizes upward or diving downward to change and redirect force. In Wu, Touch (zhan), connect (lian), stick on (nian), follow (sui), and do not separate (bu dui ding) are fundamental.

Matt_Stampe
Matt_Stampe
Admin

Back to top Go down

3 variations of tui shou "push hands": Cheng Man Ching (CMC), Chen/Yang, and Wu styles. Empty Awesome Basic Pushhands Regimens

Post  ANGELSGYMSINGH Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Matt,
This is a wonderful breakdown of pushhands. I love it. Please put together an instructional video of each of these three methods.... I will be teaching this breakdown in my YMCA classes.... I have one more that I use which has the hand go under.... and clears to the inside out during a rollback.... again.. I really like this video..... Great job... MORE MORE MORE Very Happy

Here is a video of me and my son training and doing some chi sao and t'ui shou,,,,

Last edited by ANGELSGYMSINGH on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add video)

ANGELSGYMSINGH

Back to top Go down

3 variations of tui shou "push hands": Cheng Man Ching (CMC), Chen/Yang, and Wu styles. Empty Re: 3 variations of tui shou "push hands": Cheng Man Ching (CMC), Chen/Yang, and Wu styles.

Post  Matt_Stampe Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Bagua "push hands" Rou Shou/San Shou freestyle play. part II has two person walking form using Old 8 palms/Animal palms.

Chen style push hands-

3 Cheng Man Ching supplementary push hand drills

Matt_Stampe
Matt_Stampe
Admin

Back to top Go down

3 variations of tui shou "push hands": Cheng Man Ching (CMC), Chen/Yang, and Wu styles. Empty Re: 3 variations of tui shou "push hands": Cheng Man Ching (CMC), Chen/Yang, and Wu styles.

Post  Matt_Stampe Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Single hand basic

Push hands moving step

Da Lu

Push Hands
Matt_Stampe
Matt_Stampe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_Stampe Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Xingyiquan- 3 hand cannons, 5 element stationary, Yiquan push hands part 1

Taiji qi-na research

Taiji push hands

Taiji strike hands comparisons
Matt_Stampe
Matt_Stampe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:01 am

Grasp bird tail drill, single, double, 4 square and moving step review after 5 month hiatus. USWA school is now open.
http://uswushuacademy.com/

Admin
Admin

https://imacombat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down