Fighters Combat forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's get started (yeah, I know, I'm late)

2 posters

Go down

Let's get started (yeah, I know, I'm late) Empty Let's get started (yeah, I know, I'm late)

Post  David A Ross Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:59 pm

First, let me introduce myself. My name is David Ross. On many forums you may have met me as "LKFMDC". My initial background was in Hung Ga from the Dang Fong (Tang Fung) lineage. I studied Shuai Jiao (Chinese wrestling) for a while with Shihfu Jeng Hsin-Ping (student of Chang Tung Sheng). I am most known in Chinese martial arts circles as a student of Chan Tai San, studying Lama Pai and Sanshou/San Da with him.

I have asked to be a moderator here, so I have some power over what occurs. Generally speaking, I feel a discussion forum exists to discuss topics, not to pat each other on the back. Feel free to disagree. I will disagree with many of you I assure you. Do so POLITELY and with FACTS and argue your case. The minute it is anything personal or rude or nasty, it is GONE.

I also don't at all mind discussions of non CMA here as they relate to learning new skills, training, fighting, being a better martial artist, history etc. IE pretty much anything reasonable should be fine.

I note that Shihfu Mike Patterson is already here. Please be aware he has VAST experience having trained in Taiwan AND also in training fighters. Hopefully he will be a resource and we can avoid on this forum driving away the real posters like some other forums have!

So let's play!
David A Ross
David A Ross

http://www.NYBestKickboxing.com

Back to top Go down

Let's get started (yeah, I know, I'm late) Empty Re: Let's get started (yeah, I know, I'm late)

Post  Mike Patterson Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:52 pm

David A Ross wrote:I have asked to be a moderator here, so I have some power over what occurs. Generally speaking, I feel a discussion forum exists to discuss topics, not to pat each other on the back. Feel free to disagree. I will disagree with many of you I assure you. Do so POLITELY and with FACTS and argue your case. The minute it is anything personal or rude or nasty, it is GONE.

.... and we can avoid on this forum driving away the real posters like some other forums have!

David! Better late than never. I'm pleased to see you here as well. And here's to making this a forum of productivity for the martial arts at large! It is sorely needed. Smile

Mike Patterson

http://www.hsing-i.com

Back to top Go down

Let's get started (yeah, I know, I'm late) Empty Re: Let's get started (yeah, I know, I'm late)

Post  David A Ross Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:38 pm

I am cautiously optimistic about the forum! Very Happy

There is much to discuss and share, we just need the right venue
David A Ross
David A Ross

http://www.NYBestKickboxing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum