Fighters Combat forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spark some conversation - internal "wrestling"

3 posters

Go down

Spark some conversation - internal "wrestling" Empty Spark some conversation - internal "wrestling"

Post  David A Ross Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:11 am

David A Ross
David A Ross

http://www.NYBestKickboxing.com

Back to top Go down

Spark some conversation - internal "wrestling" Empty Re: Spark some conversation - internal "wrestling"

Post  Matt_Stampe Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 am

Brilliant Blog write up David.

There have been some recent attempts by Liang shouyu and Dr. Yang Jwing Ming to revitalize the wrestling, throws, qi-na, and other aspects of functional for fighting techniques.
Spark some conversation - internal "wrestling" Articles-difference-shuai-jiao-2
I first noticed this when Liang Shou-yu can on the scene and took advantage of sharing his knowledge with Dr. Yang who published his books. Liang shou-yu showed the throws, qi-na, wrestling, etc. in all his books:

24 and 48 Taijiquan
Baguazhang
Xingyiquan
Shua Jiao Fast wrestling

are some of the books in my collection. I had the honor to do some seminars between the years of 1994-1997. We toured Shanghai with Weiqi he and Liang shouyu, I met Dr. Yang, and Sam Masich as well in china. All these people used to come to virginia annually for seminars and my teacher would invite them to our school as well. We did some seminars on xingyiquan and baguazhang and drilled the takedowns. good times.
http://ymaa.com/articles/the-differences-between-san-shou-shuai-jiao-and-other-styles

Weiqi also had Cai Hong Xian, the deputy head of the hall of shanghai martial arts do a seminar on Qi-na, this guy was deadly with all the trick handshake qi-na's and other sneaky techniques.

when I moved to DC the more popular style here comes from Chang Tung shen and the US shuai chiao Association:
http://www.shuai-chiao.org/#
I first met Seth who was a learned the internals from this lineage and showed me many of the throws in the chang Tai chi form.

I later met champion shuai chiao competitior Nick Masi who has a school here. He studied under Daneil Weng and started the Norhtern virginia shuai chiao club where Set also trains. the classes are shuai chaio and not internal arts at all.

Spark some conversation - internal "wrestling" 4540021030_412x312

I like chang tung sheng cause he was known for fighting in the Central Goushu Academy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Guoshu_Institute

He has that awesome fighter/wrestler poses:

Spark some conversation - internal "wrestling" 9

He was known to learn from many xingyiquan, Taijiquan, and Baguazhang masters and dissect the wrestling and throws from their system to ingrain into is fight training.
Matt_Stampe
Matt_Stampe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spark some conversation - internal "wrestling" Empty Re: Spark some conversation - internal "wrestling"

Post  ANGELSGYMSINGH Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:58 pm

I love the topic. In the West.. Rickson Gracie practices internal Wrestling/Grappling.... He is a Pranayama expert and the application of the internal practice in competitive and combative training.... the issue given by this example is longevity... he is not aging in a normal way.... he never gets sick..... or injured for very long... he can heal himself preventively yet his attitude is one of a fierce warrior... his documentary is on youtube.... its awesome stuff.... Perhaps only in the west can the integration of internal and external.. vedic and taoist ways be integrated effectively for combat sports athletes,...... thoughts?

ANGELSGYMSINGH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down