xinyi fighters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

xinyi fighters

Post  Rob Burnett on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:31 pm

I want to share a bit of hopeful information about the CIMA scene here in China:
as many people know, most CIMA masters do not engage in public fights, or teach their students fighting methods.
They tend to instead engage in much forms training and perhaps some light push hands or applications.
I am training here in Shanghai under a representative of Lu Songggao's style named Yu Jiang.
He is probably in his early forties, a very kind hearted man, very concerned with etiquette and traditional culture, but also very open, likes to crack jokes, and has a really great bunch of guys training with him.
I went there at the suggestion of my teacher in Canada, Yang Hai, who is a personal friend of Yu laoshi's.
Upon entering his school for the first time three months ago, the first thing I noticed is that their wall has several heavy bags, punching pads, face masks, boxing and mma gloves, and other cool equipment that you would expect to see at a boxing/thai gym.
As it turns out, that day they invited me to come watch a live K1 fight with them, but I was unable to for work reasons.
In any event, they love sparring and usually before teaching any kind of solo movement, they teach an application of the movement or how the power should be applied.
I did my first sparring exercise with Yu's student after about two or three weeks there. He has only been training for about 1.5 years and in a striking match, he totally dominated me, albeit while throwing out very light techniques (since then I have improved and we are pretty even). I was needless to say, very impressed.
His school is called Shi da xing and is located in Puxi district of Shanghai.
If you are in the neighborhood, check him out, he is for real.
But this is not about promoting a teacher I like,
this is about good attitude in internal martial arts,
we know that so many people hide behind lineage and quality of movement to avoid having to lose face by losing a fight,
well, these guys just like to fight. It is refreshing.
This type of thing makes me happy about the future of CIMA

Rob Burnett

Back to top Go down

Re: xinyi fighters

Post  Admin on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Very cool, keep us posted on training out there. I been to shanghai back in 1994 and 1996, i really need to go back and see how it has changed.

Admin
Admin

http://imacombat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top